Speaking of a reliable way to play MKV files, the VLC media player is one of the best bets for such an instance. One of the best features of a VLC media player is that the application comes with its codecs. It can play any type of multimedia file from almost any source, and it’s compatible with various file types. Besides, it also offers some advanced features to control the video as well. As stated earlier, the lack of necessary video codecs to play the MKV file leads to a 0xc00d3e8c error. While Windows 10 falls short in accompanying you with video codecs, you don’t necessarily have to play the video in Windows Media Player.
- Regular registry cleanup is another preventative key to prevent such unfortunate circumstances.
- Windows 10 version 1703 and later do not support Intel Clover Trail system-on-chips, per Microsoft’s stated policy of only providing updates for devices during their OEM support period.
- Once there, select the version of Windows you have, download the update assistant, and run the executable file to install the updates.
- And even if it doesn’t fix the problem with the apps, it is always an excellent procedure to do before the next step.
You can use the pre-installed Windows Automatic Repair to fix certain errors on Windows PC. And you may also try this method to fix Windows UEFI/EFI boot error. Stellar Phoenix Video Repair tool is a competent tool to fix corrupted and damaged video files that are unplayable in QuickTime player on both Windows and macOS. It can fix multiple severely corrupted files simultaneously. With all these solutions, hopefully, you find one that will solve your File System Error problems.
Windows Update Service
You can browse our dedicated Help Center section for related articles. We hope this article was able to help you restore Windows Hello into working order. After your system successfully installs the newest Windows 10 update, you might be able to use Windows Hello as intended. Using the Registry Editor, you can authorize the PIN login and possibly fix issues with Windows Hello.
- You can find out whether your device is compatible using the PC Health Check app.
- After the scan completed, you can preview all recoverable files, select the targeted files, and click the “Recover” button to restore your files.
- That license will upgrade to Windows 10 through the same process outlined above, and you can pocket the $10 to $12 difference.
- You can also install an MSU update package using wusa.exe in the command prompt.
That might help fix the service for subsequent updates. If the steps above didn’t help, try resetting all Windows Update-related components manually. We recommend checking the relevant support article by Microsoft for specific instructions. If you’re just practicing, you don’t actually need to install the update you download d3drm.dll.
Thoughts On Clear-Cut Products Of Dll Errors
If your PC boots to a black screen, you should restart your PC several times. After doing this repeatedly, the Windows Startup Automatic Repair screen should launch automatically. If you get a black screen only occasionally, try disabling some startup items to optimize your boot. With AVG TuneUp, you can turn off all non-essential applications and put them to sleep automatically.